Orthodontics and full range of dental treatment from a trusted dental care specialist
You may know exactly what you want or you may want us to diagnose and treat it. As a full service general practice dentist, we provide all the specific services you have in mind and orthodontics too. Have a look below and find out more.
Full range of treatments from an established family dental surgery
- Crowns – if your tooth has broken off or you want to improve its appearance, you may need a crown. First of all, your dentist will trim down the tooth to get it ready to take the crown. Then over the course of one or sometimes two visits, a crown is fitted.
- Implants – If you have lost one or more of your teeth, it can be very uncomfortable. We use only the most proven dental techniques and innovations and now we can replace your missing teeth permanently with an implant and we can also repair existing implants.
- Fillings – often seen as the simplest dental procedure, it’s also one of the most important. At Walkinstown Dental Surgery, we use only state-of-the-art materials to ensure you get the best results.
- Veneer – if one of your teeth has been chipped or a corner has broken off, you may need a veneer. Designed to address cosmetic issues, a veneer is a very thin layer of porcelain (about the thickness of a fingernail) that is affixed to the front of the affected tooth.
- Bridge – if you are missing teeth but there are still stable teeth either side of a gap, you may need a bridge fitted. There are a number of options for dealing with missing teeth. These include acrylic dentures, nylon or valplast denture, chrome denture, adhesive bridge, fixed conventional bridge and dental implant. We’ll advise on the best solution for you and discuss all options with you.
- Extraction – if one of your teeth has gone past the point of repair, extraction may be required. We’ll x-ray the area and offer you the best advice on your extraction. Post-treatment care is also crucial and we’ll tell you the ‘dos and donts’ of everyday life for the days after your extraction.
- Orthodontics – simply put, orthodontics is the alignment of teeth. Braces for adults and children have developed substantially in recent years and we’ll ensure to fit only the best-fitting, light orthodontics for you or your family member.
If you don’t see what you need above, just give us a call and I’m sure we can still help you